Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not much going here...

So it's been three weeks now since I've started my training for the year. I have yet to be inspired with anything to write about. I have been updating the mileage chart on the blog almost daily and the amounts are starting to climb. I have a whole complicated spreadsheet setup to calculate all kinds of things and am looking forward to the numbers coming in. It is the base mileage time and that usually means boring slow build up of the miles so the body can handle the intensity later. I've also updated my race list with my final list of races for the year. Yeah right, I'll believe that when I see it... but as long as I make the last one that's all that matters. I am getting excited for my first race in March. I have a love/hate relationship with the 10k and haven't done one in a couple years and with my new found running speed last year am looking forward to a new PR. My last 10k was the inside out classic hill-a-thon on Weston highway in March of 08, but my PR is 55:51 back in 2004. Based on my 8k time from November, I should be able to do around 52, so I'm hoping for the best.

No comments: