I know most people hate to taper, but I love it. Here are 10 reasons why
1) I wake up in the morning and I'm not sore or tired.
2) I can do my Yasso 800's and JOG all the recoveries.
3) After track I actually want to do the whole cool down.
4) I can finish my long run and not have my shoes be soaked with sweat.
5) No chafing.
6) I can sit in my chair and not feel saddle sores
7) Doing the race plan and visualizing the race course builds excitement without the pain.
8) I Have time to write a blog entry.
9) No chafing ( this is most important and worth two ).
10) My brain actually works well enough that I can think of 10 things.