Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cold, it's cold, oh crap, it's freakin cold

The title pretty much says it all about my thursday morning run. Woke up early, it was 30 degrees. Ate my normal breakfast and got ready to run. I had a 5 mile easy day on my schedule so I thought I would head over to the subdivison next to mine since their hills are not nearly as steep as ours and I can get a 3.5 mile loop before heading back home to check out the newly paved roads of the new phase that is going in here.
Started off with shorts, log sleeve running shirt and a fleece sweat shirt, ski gloves and a ear band. my hands were fine, other than that, man it was cold. After about 1.5 miles I was warmed up and everything felt good, except I got that feeling of I need to find a bathroom before it's too late. This neighborhood used to have some port o johns every now and then so I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but they must have removed them recently as they were all gone. Now it was a problem. gotta walk, ok, it went away I can run again. oops it's back, gotta walk, it's not going away, I'm 1.5 miles from home and there ain't that much time left. Oh, there is some woods across hwy 50, I'll head over there. ok it's thick in there, ouch, these vines have thorns all over them. Well everything came out ok and I jogged back to finish off my 5 miles, but I now have scratches all over my legs...

No comments: