Friday, August 31, 2007

Bye Bye toenail

Ran with C today, it was a new route and probably my favorite that I've done for a while. It starts at the rec center and goes out to the main road with a short slow climb to warmup. Then you turn left and go over a mile of downhill to Black creek trail. Ran Black creek till the end and turned around and came a little less than half way back to the exit trail. The exit trail is up hill all the way, but we managed to run almost the whole way until the really steep hill that I never run because it's really steep. Then when we got back to the main road, ran the rest of the way back to the rec center. It was cooler out but still in the 70's, but the dew point was in the low 60's. This seemed to make a big difference since I felt good almost the whole way. The company of course was great as usually and makes the run go by much quicker. Now on to the title...

On my Saturday run my toes started hurting at mile 11.5, pain like I've felt before like my nails on my big toes were going to fall off. I stopped at mile 11, but they were sore the rest of the day. I was hoping that they might not fall off and since I hadn't run since Saturday I forgot all about it. But after this run, my right nail once again hurt and now shows the tell tail blackness underneath the nail that signifies the end of it's life. At least the left one is still salvageable. I'm hoping it stays on till after the Duke Half IM, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: