Sunday, September 23, 2007

Reach the Beach

This was my first run since the race. We arrived in Fl, Friday night at 11PM, we went to the beach Saturday morning and I really wanted to swim, but the waves were rough and the surfers were out in numbers so in order to swim I would have to go way out past the breakers and then hope to not get run over, so I didn't swim.
Anyway, this morning I set out at 7 to go for a run on the beach. I figured I would run 30 minutes South, then turn around. Love running on the beach, but it was hard. It's extremely humid and at 7 am, it was still 78 degrees. Luckily there was a breeze on the beach that was blowing west so I didn't have to run into the wind.
After a week of no exercise, I was really ready to get back out there and the beach was calling. The humidity was mean, the breeze was warm, but I was running and it was on the Ocean so even though the second half was really tough, it was worth it.
Heading to Disney today, I am going to try to run a couple times in Orlando, then do a long run back on the beach next weekend.

No comments: