Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Run at Atlantic beach

It was really tough running this morning. I woke up at 5:30 and went outside to see how the water was. It was still really dark, but I could see the ocean was flat as a pancake. Why oh why couldn't the race have been today instead of yesterday? no wind, calm ocean, 50 degrees. Perfect. Anyway, got dressed, ate half and oatmeal cookie, a banana and some water then headed out to run around 6:45. The sun was on it's way up so I ran East along hwy 58 to start so I could watch the sun rise. It was an awesome shade of orange as it rose over the horizon. I had to run down all the public beach accesses to see it over the ocean, so my first 3 miles out was very slow. I originally wanted to run on the beach, but the tide was in and I wasn't going to run on the sugar sand. The way back was all business, it was out and back so I saw all the houses and stuff on the way out so I didn't need to look around. I think I ran out in 12 min pace, and back in 9 min pace.
Surprisingly the locals weren't very pleasant. I said good morning to 10 people. I got two good mornings back and 1 smile, the rest just looked away and ignored me or looked right at me and scowled. At least it was the last 3 that were nice to end the run :-)

No comments: